Sunday, April 12, 2015

Week 15: In Search Of Atma Zodiac

So this week was pretty busy in the evenings with both work and band practice and hanging out with friends, and as such, I didn't play anywhere near as much Pillars of Eternity as I'd imagined I would when the week began. Hell, I left my laptop at the office two nights. Instead, when I had the chance to play, I mostly played Final Fantasy XIV. 

I'd been working on upgrading my Relic Weapon, which involves a bit of grinding of various different things. For the part I just wrapped up, you run around to various FATEs (timed events) in an area and do them until a certain item drops. You have to do this in 12 different zones, so it's time consuming, but something I was able to sneak in and do a zone or two in the times I did play. Yes, it's grindy, but I'm a player type that enjoys grinding (see my hours in any Diablo or Diablo-like game as proof) so it wasn't a big deal. I finally completed it Friday. I did get some Pillars of Eternity in over the weekend, as well as a little Bloodborne and Marvel Heroes 2015. I also really started digging into Heroes of the Storm, which I am greatly enjoying. I'll talk more about that next week after I've had more time with it, but I'm pretty sure I find it a much more interesting game that League of Legends for a number of reasons. I'm sure that will be an unpopular opinion with my LoL diehard friends.

Heroclix was a success with the daughter. We did a few rounds of the basic game (i.e. not using powers) and we're going to move into doing that during the week. She's pretty excited about building a team, and equally excited about the Deadpool booster packs we have coming in. I managed to get out of International Tabletop Day only ordering a single game, which was Rivet Wars for what ended up being 60% off. I know CMON had some issues with getting the game out, but I've only heard good things about the game itself. Plus it has cool steampunk-esque minis. I also kept myself from immediately ordering the expansions, which is pretty crazy for me.

Currently Playing: Pillars of Eternity, Final Fantasy XIV, Bloodborne, Marvel Heroes 2015, Heroes of the Storm
Games Completed: 4 (The Longest Journey, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Hyrule Warriors, Ori and the Blind Forest)
Games Purchased (SP/Narrative): 3 (Majora's Mask, Ori and the Blind Forest, Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, Bloodborne)
Other Games Purchased: GRAV, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Net Total: 0

1 comment:

  1. I'm played my share of LoL. I just tend to appreciate some of the focal differences in what I've played of HotS, though; at least thus far. They actually value different things in terms of gameplay. I'll talk more about it in my next post.

    ReplyDelete