Monday, March 16, 2015

Week 11: In Which I Had a Post Ready to Go, But Forgot to Hit Post (Ori and the Blind Forest)

Edit: So I had this post ready yesterday, but apparently didn't hit post. Failbot.

Ori and the Blind Forest is a modern gaming masterpiece. I picked it up this week and finished it this week. I absolutely adore it. Graphically beautiful, absolutely stunning soundtrack, mechanics paced in such a way that they teach and provide new things at a near flawless rate, a moving narrative, and some of the coolest scripted sequences I've played in a Metroidvania game. It's brilliant. I actually exclaimed "Oh no!" aloud during the game, and I can't remember the last time I've done that. I could continue gushing about how much I loved this game, but I'm simply going to say do yourself a favor and play it. It's available on XB1 and Steam. I cannot recommend it enough.

Next week, I have Final Fantasy Type-0 HD coming, which also comes with the FFXV demo. Looking forward to both of those. I also started playing some FFXIV again, trying to get through some stuff prior to the expansion hitting. I'm probably going to give ESO another go come Tuesday, when it drops its subscription free. I actually enjoyed it when it came out, and I've only heard that it's improved since then.

Currently Playing: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Final Fantasy XIV
Games Completed: 4 (The Longest Journey, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Hyrule Warriors, Ori and the Blind Forest)
Games Purchased (SP/Narrative): 2 (Majora's Mask, Ori and the Blind Forest)
Other Games Purchased: GRAV, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Net Total: +2

No comments:

Post a Comment