Sunday, March 22, 2015

Week 12: It's not you, Type-0...it's me.

So I have this issue crop up every now and then. It's certainly a stupid problem to have, and not one I'm really complaining about, but it is something I annoy myself with. Whenever there are a number of games coming out that I'm excited about, I have major issues focusing on any single one of them. That is what's currently happening.

Last week, Final Fantasy Type-0 HD came out. It's a fun game based on what I've played so far. What I've played so far, though...isn't much. I'm sorry, but I keep thinking about Bloodborne and Pillars of Eternity that are out this coming week. So I short circuit and end up loading up some MH4U or FFXIV. I think that mentally I don't want to get super involved in a single-player narrative experience when one that I'm more excited about playing is just around the corner. And I'm definitely more excited about Pillars of Eternity and Bloodborne (in that order) than I am about FF Type-0. I know some would think, "Well just wait to buy one then!" But this situation was weird. Type-0 comes with the FFXV demo, but only for the first batch of copies sold. It was used as an incentive to buy Type-0 on release. It worked. Bloodborne is the latest in a game series I adore and it makes playing co-op with friends easier than before. Pillars of Eternity, well, I backed that the day it went up on Kickstarter. I've been waiting for it for a long time. To say that I'm excited for a new old-school CRPG from many Black Isle alumni would be a massive understatement. I can't stop thinking about either.

I know I'll get back to Type-0 eventually. It's a Final Fantasy game, and I've completed them all thus far. But for now, it's going to sit because come Tuesday I'll be playing Bloodborne, and Thursday Pillars of Eternity. Now back to trying to get my Atma weapon in FFXIV. *sigh*

Currently Playing: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Final Fantasy XIV
Games Completed: 4 (The Longest Journey, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Hyrule Warriors, Ori and the Blind Forest)
Games Purchased (SP/Narrative): 2 (Majora's Mask, Ori and the Blind Forest, Final Fantasy Type-0 HD)
Other Games Purchased: GRAV, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Net Total: +1

No comments:

Post a Comment