Tuesday, June 25, 2013

In which I receive a giant package

So the Pathfinder stuff I'd ordered got here today. It was approximately 25 pounds, which is a lot of paper. I've not really been able to go through any of it yet, as I just got home and was in meetings most of the day. It's a sizable list of things though:

  • Pathfinder Core Rulebook
  • Pathfinder Bestiary 1 & 2
  • Rise of the Runelords campaign book
  • Gamemastery Guide
  • Bestiary Box (cardboard minis for all the monsters in the Bestiary)
  • Rise of the Runelords Pawn set (cardboard minis for all the things in the Rise of the Runelords campaign)
Can I just say that I really dig being able to get the cardboard minis? They're incredibly solid and are a fraction of the price of trying to match minis. Yes, having minis is cool, and where I can I'll likely sub in some of my original Descent ones, but WotC makes it such an expense to try to get minis and offers nothing like this for D&D. I plan to start digging in tonight, before I get into some more The Last of Us. That is, if I'm not playing Borderlands 2, since the D&D themed DLC comes out today.

It was pretty freaking warm today, until it dropped 15 degrees in around 2 hours with an incoming storm. I took some pictures and video. The video is kind of awesome because you can see some clouds moving south, with others moving north. 


It's not quite as easy to see as I'd like, due to shaky-cam, but you can still make it out.

Quick notes
  • My daughter is currently reading the Bestiary and asking if we'll have to fight all the things inside. She just asked if we'd have to fight an elf mermaid.
  • My Oculus Rift is still in processing hell. Apparently they have a batch (with mine) locked up in customs. This needs to get fixed.
  • At some point today, the weather channel said on their site that there was a 'Weather Advisory' for our area. Not a 'Severe Weather Advisory' mind you, just a 'Weather Advisory.' I was henceforth advised that there was indeed weather outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment