Thursday, June 27, 2013

Who doesn't want to be a Near-Sighted Shinobi with I.B.S?

So I just spent...No spent isn't the right word. Lost. I just lost two hours to Rogue Legacy. It's an amalgamation of many enjoyable things. Balls difficult, like you'd expect from a Rogue-like. Randomized as well. It has some Castlevania: Symphony of the night thrown in there. A bit of the "One more turn" from Civ. The twist is that your characters have traits, which can get passed down. You get money during your trips in the castle, which you spend to unlock new classes and upgrades after you die. Any money not spent is given to the gatekeeper prior to re-entering, so you're encouraged to spend it. I did end up being a Shinobi, who was near-sighted, and had irritable bowel syndrome. It's just a lot of fun. Highly recommended. Play with a controller if possible.

Quick notes:

  • Great article on Kotaku about Sid Meier. This quote sums me up too, I asked Meier, who is 59, if he ever thinks about retirement. “I kinda feel like I am retired,” he said, laughing. “I'm doing what I wanna do—I've been retired for a long time. I still love making games, so I've really never thought of that.”
  • I was had a block of meetings today that was from 2:00pm until almost 7:00pm. To be fair, the last one was supposed to be over at 5:00, but ran over...just a bit. It's all going to be worth it!
  • I'm working on a variant for Legendary, the Marvel deck building game. Should iron out some problems I have with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment