Monday, June 24, 2013

Something New

I'm going to update this everyday this week, because I can, and if I do, at least I'll be more apt to most more often. When I don't have anything particular to speak at length about, I'm just going to post some random musings.

  • I bought a lot of Pathfinder stuff this week. I'm going to be running a game for my family. Should be fun. I really hope the adventure I purchased isn't too age inappropriate. If it is, I'll just have to work around it. I'm fairly certain I can do this. Also, prepare to see a lot of posts about Pathfinder as I go through it.
  • Can I have Project Spark already? Seriously, it looks fantastic. Just watch this video. I would have loved for something like this to exist when I was a kid. The closest I ever got was Maxis' Klik & Play. We made some really weird stuff with that. I'm sure it's as un-intuitive as I remember. This, however, does not look difficult to use, teaches kids a bit about programming, and actually seems to have a large variety of games it can make. My children as super-excited.

  • The latest WWE PPV, Payback, and the followup RAW were so good. I hope they continue this week, but as I don't have cable I have to wait until tomorrow to find out.
  • I'm about halfway through The Last of Us and it's very good so far. I hate giving numbers, but the truth is that it lies somewhere in between the 10's and the 7's its received. The emotions that come across in the faces of each character are probably the best I've seen in a game. The voice work is topnotch too.
  • I'm almost done reading "You" by Austin Grossman. It's an interesting read. Not everything in the book works for me, but the nostalgia is strong. If I could only ever recommend a single fiction book about video games, it would still be "Ready, Player One." 
  • My friend Jayson Trost is Shaun Spencer from Psych, without hyper-observation skills and eidetic memory. I've realized this while watching Psych season 6 on Netflix. That probably means Justin Talboom is Gus.

No comments:

Post a Comment